It's this now.
Why yes, you are correct, it was more before. Off to the side of this picture is a big ball of yarn that is most of what I ripped out. There were three problems with it as I see it:
- The pink wasn't working on the fair isle band. Maybe I'll switch to one of the three shades of blue I have lying around that would work with the peacock. I'm thinking the Danube from harris tweed, but I haven't even pulled it out yet, and I have weeks to decide.
- For some reason I had six more stitches on the back than the front. I don't know how that happened.
- My fair isle band was way too wide for my purposes. At 20 stitches across, it made five repeats across the front, and it looked stupid, for all the three rows I did of it. It was also 63 rows long. I think I need to redesign it to be more like 12 x 40.
- I got over-excited I think on the part where I get to pick up the stitches to start knitting down the sleeves, and I should have done about six more rows first. If my armhole is going to be 21 inches long (that's what I'm guessing) I should have had seven inches from front to back before I started picking up and knitting around. It looks like I have six-and-a-quarter.
That's four. Sorry. It's pinned to my drafting board while I decide if I should rip the whole thing out and start again.
But the good news is, all that's left to do on Ribbed Lace is deal with 40 or so loose ends. I will finish it tonight. Now, to eat something and make a grocery list.