Monday, March 23, 2009

The Void

This novel is a void, and not in a good way. In the 80K I've typed, there are about five recurring characters. There are about five locations. It seems incredibly un-populated. Everyone sits talking for pages and pages, but only with one another, and then they move to a different location and talk with other people. I need some action (other than the one exciting violent scene I have, which I love).

I've started populating it. I'm creating characters. I'm adding locations. Yesterday, I created two characters for the main characters to interact with, and I've scouted locations for them. (For some reason, I need real locations to visualize.) I need to decide where to put a hell mouth, somewhere near the DVP and Lawrence ave. It can't be at Don Mills mall, I'm using that for something else.

1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks for posting to my blog.

Good luck with this! Great to see the process.

I truly laud fiction writers. I'm into the non-fiction.