Saturday night, I stayed up editing chapter 3 until just before 2am, which turns into 3am when you factor in the time change. I've managed to consolidate three bad chapters into one that actually progressess the plot.
Sunday night I noticed I was about 12 pages from copy-typing the end of second notebook (of five, but the first was very short), so I stayed up until past 1am typing that (and on a school night, too!). The justification, in my own mind, was I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway, what with the night before messing up my circadian rhythm, and the time change meaning it felt like "just" midnight.
I'm well past the 50K mark, which is great.
While I was pulling out the next notebook from the filing cabinet, I came across the original plan for this book (not the sheets, one per chapter, that describe what's going to happen, but the folder that contains my original character sketches and an outline). I had intended this book to be 60-69,000 words long. At least I have plenty of text to delete.
Last night I stayed up until 12:45 doing a third pass on Chapter 1. It's almost not embarrassing now to read it over.
Maybe tonight I will delete chapters 4 and 5. That will leave some free numbers! And I have an idea about adding some characters to Chapter 6. Chapters with no characters don't work so well.