Skip to main content

In Process -- Feb 2019


Persephone
One day I wrote about 1500 words!

Wind/Water/Salt

Chapter 14: This is the gating item that kept me from posting this status update at the actual end of the month.  I still haven't finished it and posted it.
Ch 15: did a draft.
Also, I meant to finished taking up chapter 3 but never got around to it.

Connecting
Critted 8
Got back 5


Subs
---
Knitting
Celtic Gang Girls of the 70’s (Rowan and me). This finishing on this was insane, but it’s over now. So many danglers! So many seams! This took just over a year and a half.
FI Corset belt. Started month with 1.5 inches done. Moved this to the “hard” project bag after finishing Celtic Girl Gangs, and… well. It’s black on dark blue, and the pattern I was knitting in was basically invisible. The bottom was curling because I didn’t do purl-when-you-can. The dark blue yarn I’m using is a mess. So, I plan to rip it out and started over. Haven't done that yet however.
Drachen (knitty Fall 2018). Started the month with 11 inches of body, which is close to the divide for armholes. There was an error in the pattern at the front neckhole divide, and the designer compounded the error in correcting, I think, so I just knitted it to look like the picture. I’m a couple of inches past the divide now, still wondering if I’ll run out of yarn.

Boomerang socks (New directions in sock knitting). Started these while I was thinking about what to do about the FI corset belt (above). A really nice, fun pattern. I finished one sock and started the next. Also wondering if I’ll run out of yarn.

Popular posts from this blog

What I read -- October 2025

"The Moomins and the Great Flood" by Tove Jansson.  eBook. I read this because Marissa Lingen loves them. It was fine? This was the first one in the series and the only one available online; maybe the later ones are better. Maybe they're better if you read them as a child.  "The Relentless Moon" by Mary Robinette Kowal.  Hard copy. Read it because Ed had the whole series out of the library. It took a long time to get going, and sometimes I find MRK exhausting. Her white main characters all seem oddly aware of the Black experience.  "The Martian Contingency" by Mary Robinette Kowal.  Hard copy. Read it because Ed had the whole series out of the library. I don't often read subsequent books in a series in quick succession, and my reaction to this one is a lot of why: I found Alma's voice too similar to Nicole's -- sure, Nicole obsessed about food much more, but they both went on and on about "must support black guy in management" an...

What I read: September 2025

LHC #295: "The Last to Leave the Room" by Caitlin Starling. Audiobook. Workplace horror? Loved it.  "Careless People" by Sarah Wynn-Williams. Hard copy, for office Data Ethics book club. The stories about Sheryl Sandberg really made me like my boss better.  LHC #296: "The Fated Sky" by Mary Robinette Kowal. Hard copy. This got moved up the list because Ed had read book 1 in the series and got the rest out of the library. Loved it. He's got the next one in the series upstairs, I suppose I'll read it when he's done.  LHC #297: "Bluegrass: A History" by Neil V. Rosenberg. Hard copy. No idea why it was on my list, I don't care that much about bluegrass. Nevertheless, the second half was interesting. I guess the first half was necessary, as it described in great length the way people came and went in Bill Monroe's Blue Grass Boys band, and also how technology and social pressures affect how music is made and performed.   LHC #298: ...

In progress - January 2026

  Wind/Water/Salt  Chapters 39-51:   Nothing  Persephone  (probably not its real name): NOthing Vinterlys:  Worked on Chapter 2 some more.  Critted  4  Got back  1 Submissions  0  Out there   0   Rejects   0 Knitting Georgia  (Norah Gaughan). Started the month with one sleeve and half a front to go. Finished. Love this sweater.  Aberlady  (AS Celtic Collection). Did a few rows while listening to podcasts.  Summer in Tokyo  (Isager): Started. I was looking at the pictures and the charts, and the pattern as written is not what is in the pictures! So odd. I am going to finish up two cones of yarn with this project! Pretty exciting. I hope I don't run out of light blue.  I was working along on it, and if you go and look at the sweater, it's knit bottom-up, and I was at the part where I only had two colors, about 5" maybe. And I was thinking, "wow, this is pretty ugly! Maybe I should stop...