I finished the Victoria tank by Veronik Avery from IK Summer '04. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. It fits properly even though I didn't use the suggested yarn, didn't do a swatch, and was having a panic near the end that it was going to come out too big. Mine is about an inch more around than the schematic suggests, and I think it looks fine on me.
Victoria tank finished
And with that done, I decided that it was time to finish the sleeve of Selbu to Sahara (or the other way around).
Sleeve Sahara to Selbu
And I started the body. This was mostly so I could have a project to carry around last weekend. With the Jade hat in time-out still, I needed something portable.
Start of Body
I'm making the small/medium, and I noticed as I started the alternating color stripes on the body that I made a mistake on the sleeves. I did medium/large length, but small/medium width. So I'm replicating the error on the body. You can't tell in the picture (because I took it before I got to rows 5-8 of the chart, where the error lies).
I finally finished reading "Lost Girls" by Andrew Pyper. It picked up for me about 130 pages from the end, when the main character, Barth, stopped doing so much coke. My mother gave me this book in January because the author was born in the same year as me. I always wonder what she's trying to say when she does things like that.
And I started reading "Piratica" by Tanith Lee, which made me think that my next small project should be a pair of pirate socks, like http://gromitknits.typepad.com/ is making. I might start them this weekend. I only have three projects on the needles right now, after all.