Monday, November 22, 2004

A Crisis of Epic Proportions

Project: Tiger Eyes from Socks, Socks, Socks by XRX
Yarn: Patons Kroy

They're knit from the toe up, which is good, I guess.



I once read that you just follow the heel instructions blindly. Now I know better.Posted by Hello

The problem was mine. I thought when you start the heel is where the heel starts. Apparently it's in the middle of the foot.

I had chosen the pattern based largely on the fact that I needed a pair of dark blue socks, and I only had one ball of dark blue sock yarn, and the pattern led me to believe that I might be able to make these socks with just the one ball. I think it was a full ball of dark blue yarn, though the label had fallen off. I knew just after the heel of the first sock that I was in trouble. So, I got another set of needles out and started the second sock.


And this is where I ran out of yarn. Posted by Hello

I needed a positive knitting experience this weekend, bcause of the whole hurtful sock scarf debacle. So, I grabbed another ball of yarn and kept going.

Tiger Eye socks Posted by Hello

If you click the picture, you might be able to see the two-tone nature of them.

This is the pair of socks I needed to finish (in addition to the as yet unfinished Lily of the Valley Pullover) so that Ican buy some frangipani. And then perhaps I will make Eternal, the companion sweater to Immortal, which I started in October. Or maybe I will make the Beth Brown Reinsel Danish Nor-something from the Winter IK. Or I could make both.

Maybe I'll take a picture of Immortal on Wednesday.

No comments: