“Wind/Water/Salt”. Typed up all that extra stuff I wrote. Did some tidying of word choices (I have a list of words to look for, like “started” and “Just” and “very” that I need to rethink every time I use them) and went through notes to find things that I could clean up before printing another draft. For example, I did the changes to the first page from the workshop back in April. And then I started the spreadsheet.
The Spreadsheet doesn’t seem like writing or editing, and writing and editing are what progress my novel, right? So maybe that’s why I avoided doing it properly for so long. But at some point, you have to stop using the back of an envelope to list all 44 chapters, their POV, and a brief description, right? So I made an excel doc. The headings so far:
· Chapter #
· POV (there are three to choose from)
· Scenes (this column is currently empty)
· Characters (two of my POV characters are locals, and therefore should know pretty much everyone in town’s name, as it’s a small town, and this column has highlighted a huge problem there)
· Notes (like that I’ve set up tension between a couple of characters and then never used it later, things I need to add or remove)
· When (because I have some time problems right now)
This is probably something that people who use Scrivener already have, but I’m not a scrivener user (yet) so, um.
I made another tab called Characters, so maybe I can do away with another scrap envelope. I just haven’t figured out how to organize that yet. I feel like it needs to be 3D somehow.
“Ceremonial Armour” (Kaffe Fassett, knit from a photo). Bought beads. Tied in some ends. Did not crochet edging yet, alas. Did not block.
Vinterlys (Norsk Strikkedesign). Steeked, cut, and seamed back and fronts. Worked on the first sleeve cuff and chose some fabric from my stack for the lining. Blocked the fair isle.
Rust Damask Jacket (Takle & Kolstadt). While in Iceland, I did 1½ pattern repeats on the body, so now I’d guess it’s about a sixth done.
Prow pullover (IK Summer 2014). Think I might have had a gauge issue when I started. Now I have the front done, and the back to the armholes, so that’s probably… half? I would love to finish this in August.
Used last month’s bias tape to make a tunic.