Monday, September 15, 2008

Lobsters

Today when I got to work I opened the internet to discover that David Foster Wallace had died. This made me very sad. While I only read one of his books, I enjoyed it very much. See this post. I'd meant to read Infinite Jest, but never gotten around to it. I guess I'm going to have to make a tag for writers who were seemingly suicides (I'm reading another Tom Disch book now).

Anyway, in one of the obits, I came across this article, which I found very amusing. And so, the next short story I write will be about lobsters.

Okay, I admit it, it was going to be anyway, when I'm finished this one I'm working on now, which will be probably tomorrow. That one is about funerals. I'm so cheery.

1 comment:

Your EG Tour Guide said...

About LOBSTERS? I think I need to check out the obit to get a glimpse of why. ;-)