Friday, April 01, 2016

In Process -- March 2016


1st draft

“Water Leopard”. Had roughly 37,000 words at the start of the month. Now I have around 44,250…
I also worked on something about gothic houses. 

Editing



"Lucky Kate”. I think I’m doing the last pass now.
“The Cicatrix Diary”. I had a brilliant idea that made the setting and characters work way better for a short story.

Connecting

It's the thing I don't do.  Maybe next month. 

Circulating

1

Knitting

Margaret Beaufort (AS Tudor Roses 2013). Finished button bands, danglers and blocking. It came out great. I followed the pattern everywhere except I doubled the waist shaping so it doesn’t hang like a sack.

Tilted Duster (Norah Gaughan IK Fall 2007). At the start of the month I had just started the “skirt”. I finished that, and the first sleeve up to the cap.
Rust Damask Jacket (Takle & Kolstadt). The month started with maybe 5 rows of the neck done, 10 inches of the first sleeve and two of the second. I finished that first sleeve and moved onto the neckband as my “focus” project, because the backing will be mindless, and it would be good to have a mindless thing when the Tilted Duster is done, because that will progress this one without me starting something else. Unfortunately due to how it was charted I had to rip out eight rows of neckband which sucked. I started the colorwork on the second sleeve. 

No comments: