Thursday, March 03, 2016

In process -- Feb 2016



1st draft


“Water Leopard”. Had roughly 30,000 words at the start of the month.  Now I have just shy of 3700? That seems high.
 

Editing

"Lucky Kate”. Rewrote that last paragraph and had some other ideas too. I’m not sure how I feel about the ongoing process on this one, but ultimately if it works I guess it’s good. It needs to be finished at some point, doesn’t it.
“The Cicatrix Diary”. This was just shy of 6000 words at the start of the month, with the plot repaired. My goal is to get it below 5000 words, because the one circulating story is hard to find markets for due to its length.

Connecting


Nothing

Circulating


1

Knitting


Rust Damask Jacket (Takle & Kolstadt). At the start of the month I had 3” to go on the body, and 7” done on the first sleeve. In Feb I finished the body, cut the steeks, picked up for the neck, did maybe three inches of the first sleeve, and started the second sleeve because it was small and portable.
Margaret Beaufort (AS Tudor Roses 2013).
Finished last 24 rows of left front, did right front, did both sleeves, seamed everything, did the neck and collar. All that’s left is the button bands, danglers and blocking.
Tilted Duster (Norah Gaughan IK Fall 2007). This had been on my list since it came out, but I didn’t buy the yarn until last November. I did the upper back and two upper fronts, and picked up for the “skirt”. 

No comments: