Tuesday, February 02, 2016

In process January 2016



1st draft


“Water Leopard”. Had roughly 22000 words at the start of the month, finished with maybe 30,000?

Editing


"Lucky Kate”. Had some notes but a mostly finished draft at the start of the month. Now I’m down to one paragraph that needs rewriting.
"Milo". So I’d made some notes but hadn’t really changed anything. I moved a lot of stuff around because the plot and character interactions were all kind of smushed at the end.
“The Cicatrix Diary”. This short story needs a decent title, if nothing else. I typed up the first half and it didn’t seem that bad – kind of charming, and made some minor changes while doing that. It’s got some nice moments! Then I typed the second half and realized there was no antagonist and no plot, and the ending didn’t really work. Fixed the plot, changed the setting because the old one added too much complication, chose a different bad guy. It is way better now.

Connecting

I have a plan, I just need to get a few things out of the way first. 


Circulating


1

Knitting


Rust Damask Jacket (Takle & Kolstadt). At the start of the month I had 8” to go on the body, and 7” done on the first sleeve. Now I’ve got 3” to go on the body. It’s not where most of my energies went, but it would be nice to finish it so I can start what I think of as my blocking project, the fair isle that needs to be done so I can use whatever’s left after it for any other project that comes to mind.
Hoodie (Norah Gaughan VK S/S 2005).
Finished.
Margaret Beaufort (AS Tudor Roses 2013). Did back and most of left front (maybe 24 rows left). I started this mostly because I feel like I don’t have that much yarn, so if I’m going to run out I’d rather know now than later when the right color might be harder to find. Feels like I will have enough, though.

No comments: