Tuesday, September 01, 2015
In process -- August 2015
“A surprising Number of Crows”. Short story.
“Food Insecurity”. So, I had finished this kinda crap short story last month, and then the boy told me a strange tale out of his own life, and I realized that was the plot of this story, so when the previous-mentioned was done, I went back and restarted this. It’s a fun exercise because I have the character and setting development largely done separately, so I sat down trying to just write the plot, which I can merge with the other stuff later in a fantastic edit-straganza.
“Wind/Water/Salt”. Finished that spreadsheet with all the chapter data.
“Food Insecurity”. Started typing but never got around to taking apart the crap part.
“Lucky Kate”. I came across a market with a deadline that looked good for this, and I thought it wasn’t in that bad a shape, so I pulled out the folder.
And I must say, my process is not nearly as awesome as I thought it was. The last time I looked at this was April. My folder had pages and pages of handwritten content that I couldn’t find in either of the printed drafts, neither of which was dated. Both had comments all over, and I couldn’t tell if those were done or not. I thought there was something clean, and I looked all over the house, only to later on open a soft copy and find that one of the marked-up ones was the newest, with its changes entered, including those pages of handwritten content (oddly marked) inserted in the wrong place.
I moved that, deleted a couple of pages of other stuff, made a few changes, and printed again. This time everything is dated at least. I did another draft for scenes, and now I'm ready to print and tidy and send out, I hope.
“Ceremonial Armour” (Kaffe Fassett, knit from a photo). Ignored.
Vinterlys (Norsk Strikkedesign). Finished.
Rust Damask Jacket (Takle & Kolstadt). Ignored.
Prow pullover (IK Summer 2014). Finished.
Gift item. Started.
I also sewed a pair of shorts.