Friday, March 06, 2015

In process -- February 2015

First Draft
“Evening Glory”. There’s probably 8000 words here. As I feared, it’s getting away from being a short story. I also had an interesting idea of how to structure it when I had already written 5K…

“Wind/Water/Salt”. It’s a deleting frenzy now. I printed off the first 12 chapters to make sure I’ve got what I think I’ve got before I go farther. The goal was just to read through those quickly and take out things that no longer belonged, and flag things that did. That of course took much longer than I expected.

And I progressed through chapters 13 and 14. Moving along!



“Ceremonial Armour” (Kaffe Fassett, knit from a photo). Did five inches of second sleeve while waiting for yarn to arrive for St. A.

“St. Anthony’s Ribbon” (self-designed). Waited forever for that emergency ball of yarn! Probably need to do two more rounds and then think of an edging.

Vinterlys (Norsk Strikkedesign). Lace and cable panel done to split for body. Almost finished first sleeve (fair isle). 
Rust-colored Damask Jacket (Takle and Kolstadt). I've had this kit forever. I needed something small, and all my projects aren't that right now, so I started this, did maybe a half inch of the bottom rib. 

I should mention I also repaired the elbows of two sweaters in Jan and one in Feb. And I sewed half a dress.

No comments: