Tuesday, June 03, 2014
In Process -- May 2014
“Limering”. Around 59,000 words.
“Wind/Water/Salt”. Sometimes I feel guilty that I ignore this wretched thing for days on end. Then I have an epiphany and I can work like crazy. This month’s epiphany was who the real bad guy is, so I had to go backward and seed that in a bit. So so much for this being a “don’t look back” draft. I am 2/3 through, though. Now I’m trying to work that character into the end of act II.
This month I came up with a stupid new rule for myself so I would finish some things. That’s because I’ve got three projects hanging around since 2013 (two I started in December, but still). If I finish one thing and finish a stage of another, I can start a new project. Here’s how it went:
“Portree” (Martin Storey Scottish Collection). Finished. Ran out of the main color (black) so I did the neck in pink instead. It looks fine. Probably better, actually, since I don’t really look that great in all the black I wear.
“Kaffeklatsch” (self-designed). Finished the second ball of yarn so I could start something else. Started the second sleeve, which unfortunately used the rest of my US1 needles, meaning I couldn’t start the sock I wanted.
“Ceremonial Armour” (Kaffe Fassett, knit from a photo). Sewed and cut the steeks, then started the first sleeve. Finally, after about six months of letting it sit.
“St. Anthony’s Ribbon” (self-designed). Still slogging away on the first sleeve.
I also finished sewing a shirt I started about two years ago. I was hung up on the buttonholes. Pathetic.