Sunday, September 17, 2006

Such a joiner

So KBTH, where I have probably posted four times in four years, is having a knitalong for Jade Starmore's Beadwork, and I can never resist a knitalong where I own the instructions and the yarn already (no matter how badly KALs have gone for me in the past).

So I did this...


Beadwork "swatch" (sleeve) Posted by Picasa

It's Frangipani in Crushed Raspberry, a popular shade I'm thinking, because I've seen it used for a couple of other swatches on the KAL page on Yahoo Groups. I figured I'm a "Tight, bitter knitter" so even though the gauge seems to be a challenge, I would be fine, so I went one needle size and started. I'm resizing it sort of my own way. I like narrow sleeves, so I'm doing the child's Large 18 cm sleeve. That will fit my little wrists (people make fun of them at karate, they're so small and breakable looking) just fine. I'll make it longer, modify the body using the picture and my unique tastes, and end up with something... finished. My sleeve is 18.5 cm around. I figure, close enough.

In the meantime, can I finish this by Christmas?


Selbu to Sahara Posted by Picasa

I'm thinking yes. It's a good target. I have to do something like 15 rows a week, and I've said I would do that before and done it for a week and a half and then given up...

5 comments:

Mary said...

Robyn, Welcome to the KAL. I'm in it, but not sure when I will start.

What is the pattern for that gorgeous bird sweater? It took my breath away.

mehitabel said...

The bird sweater is fabulous! And don't worry about the KAL--we are all just sorta doing our own thing. I actually joined to have the information available to me--I can't find my pattern, and I know I own both the book and the magazine! Please please post progress pics of your beautiful bird at least once a week!

Marji said...

love the color for beadwork, and your Selba to Sahara is gorgeous! Norske Strikkedesign is right up at the top of my wish list. Do you have a finished pic of the Prairie cami? It's on my list to knit too. Did you use cotton?

Dipsy D. said...

Good luck with the KAL! And my, I can't believe how absolutely gorgeous the bird sweater already is, this is going to be a real piece of art! I'm sure you'll get to finish it by Christmas - fingers crossed and Happy Knitting!

vanessa said...

wow! the bird sweater is gorgeous!