The 12th of December was an exciting day for me. I finished two projects. First, socks.
Unfortunately, I don't get to keep them. They're a gift. But I love the color, and I have another ball so maybe I'll get to make myself a pair too. They took just over one ball of Kroy (though I have several balls of Kroy with several different lengths, so that doesn't mean much).
I also finished this:![]()
Lily of the Valley from Jamieson3![]()
I set in the sleeves more than the designer did and made the V neck deeper to be more in tune with today's "look". Which will of course be nobody's look next year. So I have to wear it as much as I can now. I've worn it twice - once to work and my mother's after work, and once on a sunday. I did take a couple of pictures of me wearing it, but I haven't got them off the camera yet. My mother also took some pictures of me wearing it, but I assume they all came out badly. She makes me feel very ugly.
And this little pile of mostly black yarn is Immortal.
![]()
Immortal![]()
Must buy yarn for sister sweater, Eternal.
"The Moomins and the Great Flood" by Tove Jansson. eBook. I read this because Marissa Lingen loves them. It was fine? This was the first one in the series and the only one available online; maybe the later ones are better. Maybe they're better if you read them as a child. "The Relentless Moon" by Mary Robinette Kowal. Hard copy. Read it because Ed had the whole series out of the library. It took a long time to get going, and sometimes I find MRK exhausting. Her white main characters all seem oddly aware of the Black experience. "The Martian Contingency" by Mary Robinette Kowal. Hard copy. Read it because Ed had the whole series out of the library. I don't often read subsequent books in a series in quick succession, and my reaction to this one is a lot of why: I found Alma's voice too similar to Nicole's -- sure, Nicole obsessed about food much more, but they both went on and on about "must support black guy in management" an...



