LHC #330: "Real Ones" by Katherina Vermette. Hard copy. At the start I had a hard time keeping track of which sister was which. Sometimes I wonder if KV did too? I was expecting more strife, but the only repercussions of the whole pretendian thing were some uncomfortable conversations.
LHC #331: "Red Team Blues" by Cory Doctorow. Audiobook. I have read a lot of his blog posts, and it's interesting to see him work those ideas into his fiction. I think I get the idea though. Sort of reminded me of reading "The Jungle" (Upton Sinclair), I suppose that's a good thing to be compared to? Wil Wheaton is a good reader.
Bloodletting & Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lam. Hard copy. I've had it around the house since pre-covid. I didn't realize it was the same characters as On the Ravine until I was reading that one. Way better than On the Ravine, that's for sure.
LHC #332: "Anatomy: a love story" by Dana Schwartz. Hard copy. Maybe it was trying to do too much? I wanted more of the mystery aspect about the body snatchers etc. and the big reveal about Dr. Beecham was very not surprising. Hazel's life didn't seem to be made very difficult by all the difficult choices she was making.
LHC #333: "Death Interrupted" by Blair Bigham. Hard copy. More about Blair than anything else, I thought.
