LHC #327: "Interference" by Sue Burke. Hard copy. Sequel. All the characters seem sort of neuroatypical. I liked this volume better than the first, but it's totally necessary to have read the first one to enjoy this, I think. The 120-page chapter narrated by Stevland the bamboo plant was a challenge, but if it had been told by anyone else it would have been twice as long, so there's that.
"The Candy House" by Jennifer Egan. eBook, for office book club. It's a mosaic novel, and some characters' chapters were easier to read than others.
LHC #328: "How Infrastructure Works" by Deb Chachra. Hard copy. It made me think about the social contract in a much bigger way, really cool and interesting. I found this oddly organized, though I don't really know what I expected. What a smart author though, such interesting connections!
LHC #329: "The Golden Enclaves" by Naomi Novik. eBook. Third book in a trilogy. Alex had told me she liked it better than the previous, since it went out into the world. When I started it, it grabbed me immediately and I had a hard time putting it down. I was wondering why El was ignoring a particularly obvious problem and then that problem became clear, well done!